1. Information We Collect
In providing our Services, we may collect personal information about you including the following:
• If you order Services from us, fill out the request for early access to the Services, or ask for a quote (via our Website, phone, email, or letter): This includes your name and email address. We may process your information (a) if we need to contact you or otherwise communicate with you, (b) for order fulfilment and delivery of the requested Services, (c) for maintenance and training associated with our Services, (d) to manage your account, (e) to enable the download or usage of Services, (f) to address defects or erroneous Services, your feedback and complaints, quotes we offer you, and (g) for invoicing and payment follow-up.
• If you contact us via our Website, phone, email, or letter, (e.g., for a support request): We may collect your name, company name, address, email address, phone number, and information on our communication with you, your interest in MyCareLinq and its Services and any additional information you provide us.
• If you are included in our marketing campaigns: We may send you marketing communication via mail, email, and social media channels. In this context, we may collect and process your name and email address, and marketing campaign information, such as your reaction to our marketing and your interest in our Services. You may unsubscribe to emails by using the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email.
2. How We Collect Your Information
The personal information is collected in many ways and may include:
• The personal information you provide to us. Most of the personal information we receive comes to us voluntarily from our customers while registering for or using our Services and communicating with us in the process of requesting our Services, asking to be included in an email or other communication list, or other product promotions. You are free to choose which personal information you provide to us or whether you want to provide us with any personal information at all. However, some personal information, such as your name, email address, and information on your requested Services may be necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations. Unless you provide this personal information, you will not be able to use certain Services or enter into a contract with us.
• Personal information we receive from others. We may receive personal information about you from publicly available databases or third parties such as social media sites, data providers, data analytics tools (to help us troubleshoot any bugs or issues with the Services), marketing consultants and partners, or law enforcement agencies.
3. How We Use Your Information
The reasons for using your personal information may differ depending on the purpose of the collection. Routinely, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
• Providing our Services. If you use our Services or if you contact us to request our Services, we use your personal information to provide you with these Services and information.
• Pursue our business interests. The usage of your personal information may also be necessary for our own business interests. For example, we may use some of your personal information to evaluate and review our business performance, create financial statements, improve our Services, provide advertising or identify potential cybersecurity threats. We may use your personal information for marketing purposes (for example, to send you relevant product updates), but we will not sell or share your contact information with any business partners. If necessary, we may also use your personal information to pursue or defend ourselves against legal claims.
• Purpose for which consent has been provided. In some cases, we may ask you to grant us specific consent to use your personal information.
• Comply with legal obligations. We are obligated to retain certain information because of legal requirements, for example, tax or commercial laws, or we may be required by law enforcement to provide personal information on request.
4. How We Share Your Information
As necessary and appropriate, we will share your personal information with the following third parties:
• MyCareLinq affiliated companies. To support our sales and marketing efforts, as well as in the performance of the Services, your personal information may be disclosed to affiliates of MyCareLinq.
• Service providers and advisors. We may use third-party vendors and other service providers to perform services on our behalf. Such services may include marketing campaigns, mail or email services, tax and accounting services, product fulfilment, payment processing, surveys or contests, customer service, data enhancement services, fraud prevention services, web hosting services or analytic services. These third parties include: Google, Salesforce, WordPress, Typeform, Facebook, LinkedIn and Amazon. Any service providers will be subject to data processing agreements and be bound to process the data only on MyCareLinq’s behalf and under its instructions, unless such service providers act as their own controllers (e.g., in case we seek advice from lawyers and tax consultants).
• Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction. We may use third parties in connection with a MyCareLinq-related transaction, such as a merger, sale of MyCareLinq assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change in control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
• Law enforcement, regulators, and other parties for legal reasons. We may use third parties as required by law or pursuant to a subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our legal claims or to protect the security or integrity of our Services; or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MyCareLinq employees, our visitors, or others.
• Otherwise with consent. We may disclose an individual’s personal information to certain other third parties with that individual’s consent.
5. Information We Collect Automatically
When using our Services, we use various technologies to collect information about the device or browser you use to navigate our Website or from your use of our Services, including:
• Cookies. When you use or visit our Services, we may send one or more cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer or device that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, computer, or device. A cookie may also convey other information to us, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address; unique device identifiers; your browser settings and specification; and information about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, features and functionalities you utilize, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service). Cookies also allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. For specific cookie information and a list of cookies this website sets, please see Annex 1- Cookies below. For general information on cookies please visit AllAboutCookies.org.
• Log Files. We may record log file information each time you access the Website. This information may include your requests or actions; IP address; browser type; unique device identifiers; information about your computer or device; the number of clicks; how you interact with links, features, or functionalities on the Service; and other such information.
• Clear Gifs. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons or pixel tags) which collect information about you, your computer, or devices such as your requests or actions; IP address; unique device identifiers; browser type; information about your computer or device; how you interact with links, features, or functionalities of the Service; information about cookies; all of which can show your Service usage patterns.
We use or may use the data collected through these technologies to: (a) remember information so that you won’t have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; (b) identify you across multiple devices; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Services; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Services.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Services, as some features and services on our Website may not work properly. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
6. Links to Third-Party Website and Services
7. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from anyone under the age of 16 (a child) on or through the Services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we have any information from a child, please contact us using the contact information in Section 10.
8. Your Rights and Options
We want you to understand your rights and options regarding how we may use your personal information. These rights and options may include the following:
• Access, correction, and deletion. Upon written request, MyCareLinq will advise you whether we hold any of your personal information. You may contact us for any access, correction, and deletion request, using the contact information in Section 10 below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
• Marketing preferences. If you have consented to receive marketing communications, you may withdraw your consent at any time. You can also opt out of receiving marketing communication by using the link provided to you at the end of each promotional communication. You may also contact us using the information in Section 10 below to request that we remove you from a marketing list.
• Deny or withdraw your consent. If you have granted us consent to use your personal information, we will use it only for the purposes for which you have granted consent. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time and the withdrawal will have no negative consequences for you. However, we may not be able to continue to provide you with the Services to which this consent relates. To withdraw your consent, please contact us using the contact information in Section 10 below.
10. How to Contact Us
- MyCareLinq, Inc.
2342 Shattuck Ave., #336
Berkeley, California 94704